Monday 23 April 2012

GQ Investigation

I wanted to look at the differences in design of two editions of GQ over a year. To understand how current design trends filter through into publications. My aim was to analyse the magazine down to it's layout, content ratio to advertising, brands advertising and so on. For the investigation I used the April Edition in 2011 and 2012.



To represent my findings I represented the statistic's in the style of the magazine. Using the dominant colours, typefaces and graphic navigation.


The difference in style and layout is clear. April 2012 has uses white space more effectively than 2011. The statistics are quite extraordinary. Both magazines have over 40% of advertising in comparison to content. So the reader is paying for adverts more than content.





No comments:

Post a Comment