Monday 11 October 2010

Burning Candy Crew - Gold Peg

If you go to East London there will be a few fimiliar faces painted on walls to houses. They are known as Burning Candy Crew. The crew is renowned for colourful, large characters and icons. The crew consists of members such as Mighty Mo, Sweet Toof, Cyclops, Tek 33, Cept, Dscreet, LL Brainwashed and Rowdy.

The colours used are so intense that they can be seen as clearly at night as in the day. The first artist i recognised was Mighty Mo, his face can be found not just in East London but also West London (my local area) However only recently have i seen Gold Peg out of East London - on my lunch at LCC i noticed at the top of the shopping centre was a black outline of a Peg and the BC next to it confirmed it was Gold Peg.

Elephant & Castle

After this I had my eyes open, trying to find more of their work. Then I realised just 5 minutes away from where I live I happend to look up into the sky, above  the High Street buildings and a glowing peg was staring right at me. Typical

Kilburn High Road

No comments:

Post a Comment