Pure Evil Gallery, Shoreditch
I initially went to this gallery to see Panik's (ATG) new work. However I was pleasantly surprised to see a back log of artists work such as Eine, and relatively new and upcoming street artists. The gallery was almost like a working studio, with back logs of work in corners...waiting to be purchased. Large rolls of bubble wrap and cardboard to protect work. I really liked the idea that the gallery was used as a portfolio for work as well as a gallery. The gallery is in a Victorian building, a quirky and obscure place; not the ideal (generic) type of gallery layout.
Basement of the Gallery
Pure Evil Gallery: Ethos and Principles
• We are opposed to seeing artists as a commodity
• Principles before Profit
• Wear your Politics proudly
• We are an Alternative Ideological Force
• The Gallery should be a Mecca for Independent artists
• We need to have the feeling of exhilaration from meeting an artist and seeing their work..